[TowerTalk] BBC report on bird kills at towers

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Fri Aug 22 16:45:50 EDT 2003

I've had three towers around 200 feet for about fifteen years on Florida's
Gulf Coast, which is somewhat of a migratory path.  I could probably count on
both hands how many birds I have found dead around the towers over those years.

On the other hand the hawks are in love with my towers.  They will spend
hours either at the top or perched on one of the sidearms looking for a meal.  I
guess they figure it's a dead tree.  In any case I guess they can see well
enough and have enough sense to not fly into guy wires. They should tell their
friends...the species that are kamakazing into towers.

Bill K4XS