[TowerTalk] Re: An Enlightning Experience

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Aug 26 16:15:55 EDT 2003

At 06:11 PM 8/26/03 +0000, Rob Atkinson, K5UJ wrote:
>I guess my point is, if any of you all are in old houses, you may have
>more than one AC entrance than at the service drop and until you deal with
>them, a whole house SPD won't necessarily save you.

Probably a fair point, although I think that a 20-foot underground run is a
much less dangerous potential source of induced voltage than your AC feed,
coming (in my case) off miles of overhead wire.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 4.
123 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm