[TowerTalk] 8 pin rotor quick disconnects

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sat Aug 30 11:36:30 EDT 2003

In a message dated 8/29/03 8:18:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
wrt at dslextreme.com writes:

> Their solution, of course, was to use Loctite threadlocker, and my
>  experience is that it does work.  I'm retired from the avionics
>  business and when something had to stay tight absolutely, Loctite was
>  mandatory.  At least in our applications, I've never know it to fail.

    Yep, I've put Loctite on M2 Orion mast clamp bolts but that didn't
prevent the mast from slipping eventually. That's why I'm convinced that the
aforementioned problem is bolt stretch - something even a gallon of Loctite won't
fix.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -