[TowerTalk] $30 Worm Drive Winch

brewerj at squared.com brewerj at squared.com
Wed Dec 10 07:16:40 EST 2003

Harbor Freight is amazing... I bought one of their benchtop drill presses for $35
which is identical to the Delta sold at Lowes for $80.... it did arrive with a broken
plastic piece (the indicator that indicates the plunge depth).

Following the info in the manual (a rare moment!) I called customer service
and infomed them of the broken piece. We determined the correct nomenclature
for the piece out of the exploded drawing in the manual, and I was informed
a replacement would be supplied.

My confidence was very low that this would happen.

Less than two weeks later, a replacement arrived on my doorstep free of
charge.

Not only are they cheap, but they DO follow through on their customer
service obligations!
John K5MO