[TowerTalk] TA-33m

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Dec 11 12:59:11 EST 2003

At 12:51 PM 12/11/03 -0500, K7LXC wrote:
>IMO a hundred bucks for a TA-33 in not perfect shape is WAY too much.
>OTOH if you've got lots of time to refurbish it and you can get it for, say,
>fifty bucks - go for it. It'll get you started and you can always move up to
>something else in the future.

Boy, do I agree.  I got my second C-3 in great shape for $300, and there
were no traps or other hidden deal-breakers.  Even if you save $250, you
won't have a great antenna, you will have gone to all that trouble, and you
WILL want better.

73, Pete N4ZR
Happy Holidays
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at
  www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm