[TowerTalk] Re: F12 customer service and antenna refurbishment

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Dec 12 07:06:11 EST 2003

At 09:20 PM 12/11/03 -0600, Didier Juges wrote:
>I bought the beam report from N0AX and K7LXC, and the Force 12 antennas
>certainly blow the competition away. The only measureable advantage of my
>24' boom TH7DX on the shorter F12 antenna (C3, 18' boom) is the front to
>back ratio. Most everything else is a wash.

This is entirely consistent with my modeling results, to within a dB or
less.  One big advantage to the C-3 is that it weighs less than half what
the TH-7 does; even I could handle it on the tower.

73, Pete N4ZR
Happy Holidays
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at
  www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm