[TowerTalk] Re: F12 customer service

N6ZO at aol.com N6ZO at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 23:25:20 EST 2003

I'm weighing in.... in  support of F-12.   My  C31XR came thru Isabel up at
90 feet with no problems,  Winds were 99-109 in my area of chesapeake Va, bout
7 miles off the water.
Lost two trees but the antenna came thru it fine. I have the "regular wind"
version because I didn't know they had a heavier duty version when I ordered.

A year earlier I had a rotor problem which caused the cable to wrap around
the mast too many times. The cable  pulled the  SO-239 female end off the balun
before snapping the cable.  I called F-12 for a new balun just before SS and
had the new balun early on the 3rd day.

I bought the K7LXC tribander report.  C31 performs  "AS ADVERTISED"

No complaints here.  Had this C31 come down, I'd stand in line to get another
one.

73

Chet  N6ZO