[TowerTalk] Rotor replacement

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 27 20:33:57 EST 2003

Tnx for all the advice on replacing the T2X.  I followed suggestions
and constructed a "T" in pre-holed angle iron to hold the mast in
place while the rotor was removed.  Muffler clamp was also placed
just above the thrust bearing.  Old rotor came out and new one went
in easily.  Only dropped one screwdriver from the top, while trying
to get the wires out of the rusted terminal strip.

Only hitches were:
1. Rusted terminal strip on the old rotor, so I couldn't move the
cable.  I removed the pigtail attached to the rotor at the Molex-type
connector, and will wire another one up this afternoon. I'll install
the wiring tomorrow.  If I had documented exactly what connector I
used and how it was wired, I could have been prepared, but that would
be too easy :.)  Good thing it's a relatively warm weekend (high
40's).

2.  Carrying a T2X in a backpack up and down the tower is very
tiring, especially when climbing around obstacles like Ringrotors.

73/HNY,
Barry W2UP--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up at mindspring.com