[TowerTalk] Tower Collapse airs again Jan 3

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Wed Dec 31 05:08:24 EST 2003

Of course, I read this post too late to catch the
show....

I went to the History Channel website and they list
this program showing again on Jan 3, at 3PM

73 Mike N2MG

Tonight on the HISTORY channel's "Modern Marvels", they
will do a segment
on a tower collapse as well as some other fantastic
engineering failures.

Towers are DANGEROUS and you should watch this if you
have a chance!

Modern Marvels
Tuesday, December 30 @ 10pm ET/PT
Engineering Disasters 5
Examines some of the most notorious engineering
failures of recent years
and asks what went wrong and what we learned from them.
We take viewers to
the southern coast of Louisiana, where a misplaced
oilrig caused an entire
lake to be sucked into an underground salt mine; review
the 1972 Buffalo
Creek dam disaster; revisit the Exxon Valdez oil spill;
see how radio and
TV antenna towers collapse with alarming regularity;
and look at the
collision of 2 California icons--freeways and
earthquakes!  TV PG

Dino...k6rix at earthlink.net