[TowerTalk] RE: Soldering irons

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Wed Feb 5 07:44:33 EST 2003

Hi Howard,

I get them from any local electronics hobby shop, and they are surely
plentiful around here (L.A.).  However if you don't have a local source,
Granger (catalog, mail-order outlet) has them listed.

A Weller SP-120, for example, costs about $35 new and mine are both about 20
years old, still working perfectly.  This is still a current model.

They take about 10 minutes to fully warm up.  Which is perfect, because that
means they also take about 10 minutes to cool down.  Thermal mass is a
wonderful thing.

73,

Steve WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill