[TowerTalk] compass question

Richard M. Gillingham rmoodyg at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 11 17:12:12 EST 2003

Keeping in mind, of coarse, that the Magnetic North Pole moves.  Ever so
slowly, but it moves.  When I first came to the Miami area, the Agonic
line (line of zero magnetic deviation) passed a mile or so off shore to
the east.  Now we have a 4 or 5 degree deviation.  so the mark on the
globe is good for only a few years.

I like finding Polaris.  Easy.
Gil, w1RG