[TowerTalk] Hy-Tower base

Larry DiGioia N8KU at longwire.com
Tue Jul 1 22:17:33 EDT 2003

I am preparing to put up a Hy-Tower. Specs call for a concrete base of
3'x3'x3'

What I would like to do is make the base cylindrical, and have the top of the
cylinder 1' above ground level. I want the base above ground to keep the
connections above snow, and the round shape will help with the laying of the
60+ radials I am planning.

I have no problem with the dimensions, I will compensate for the volume, and
still have enough "in" the ground. What I am looking for is creative ideas
for a concrete form.

The obvious is to use the commercially available cardboard tubes, however I am
finding it difficult to even get such a thing. The only quote I was even able
to get was $200 for a 3' diameter, 12' long.

It seems to me that I could do domething as simple as putting a plastic
garbage can (mostly) in the ground, but I am interested in any other ideas
you all might have. Thanks guys!

--
Larry  N8KU

 w w w . l o n g w i r e . c o m