[TowerTalk] rotatable 40m dipole

John Hoaglun john at hoaglun.com
Mon Jun 23 23:27:59 EDT 2003

I am looking for information on a shorty 40m rotatable dipole.   I am pretty
limited on space for the next year or so. (I am planning to cut down a
couple of trees and put up a bigger tower next summer.)

I am not opposed to building one if that is what it comes down to.  I figure
that I need a turning radius in the 15-20 range. Granted that is a bit short
on 40m... but it is what I have to work with for the time being.

Thoughts?  (I already have a inverted V radiating North/South but I really
need something for E/W.  I have several close powerlines so another inverted
V for E/W is not currently an option.)

Who makes them commercially?  I know that Cushcraft and HyGain make some,
but they are too long.

Thanks, JH

John Hoaglun - MCSE
http://www.hoaglun.com