[TowerTalk] homemade beams

VE6JY Don Moman ve6jy at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Tue Jun 24 05:13:16 EDT 2003

My first choice for a home brew yagi would be one of the OWA designs by Jim
WA3FET. http://nw3z.contesting.com/   or just do a google search.  I use the
OWA style of  designs on 10 thru 80m. Two major advantages are : simple
(i.e.nothing to go wrong later)  driven element design - no matching needed
with the split 50 ohm feed impedance  and wide gain/SWR bandwidth to cover
phone and cw portions with similar performance.

73 Don
VE6JY
http://www.andor.net/ve6jy

> Gregg Seidl wrote:
> > Wow did I get a lot of good stuff.I have decided to take the time to
> > purchase a Yagi program and build my own.I will most likely build 2,4
> > element jobs so that I can mount one 30 feet lower on my tower and have
> > stack.It will have a hairpin match with stuff from Dx Engineering.Now
> > another question: is there a good website or other info on how to
rebuild a
> > 40-2CD.I have one dismantled in the shed and would like to rebuild it.I
> > always had trouble with the elements turning on the boom.Man did that
> > suck!!The rest of it was fine.Small and fairly light and it worked.
Gregg