[TowerTalk] tower on a roof

Bob Jaeger vze2298x at optonline.net
Fri Nov 7 12:07:27 EST 2003

   I have had three rohn 25 sections on the roof of my house for about 15 years . It was mounted over
a weight bearing wall . Channel iron was mounted on the roof to anchor the tower base . It is guyed
at the middle and top . Heavy winds dont bother it , but the same wind has blown trees around my house down . It is also grounded with heavy , heavy multi-stranded cable to a ground system which includes a sixteen foot ground rod which puts it into the water table .
                                                        BOBJ N2DXJ