[TowerTalk] Best tuner value? (I think that was the topic)

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 29 01:07:26 EST 2003

Right, the best tuner depends on what you want to do.  For balanced feed
lines I use the Bliss Z Matchmaster.  It uses two synchronized 30 mH roller
inductors and a 1000 pf vac. variable.  One of the things I like about it is
that the roller inductors are in-line on a threaded shaft with fixed taps so
the coils move back and forth.  I think this is a bit more rugged and stable
than two rollers turned together from a single shaft with rubber belts.
This is a transmatch for low band QRO.  It would not be necessary for lower
power and/or (obviously) unbalanced lines.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ