[TowerTalk] The tower base is poured BUT...

Tim Makins, EI8IC contesting at eircom.net
Sat Oct 4 18:43:35 EDT 2003

Its quite normal for the average Joe, used to seeing 8-wheelers on the
tarmac, not to have any idea just how heavy these trucks are ! Watch the
wheels of one parked up on a verge one day, and you can actually see the
tires sink. Imagine what this will be like on your grass !! Hopefully, the
driver should have a better idea of what happens than you will. (Unless the
guy has been on the sauce, as happened to me!) The trucks here can pour the
concrete up to 27 feet away, using a kind of a conveyor belt. Best to check
with your tape meansure first, or plan the hole to be nearer the road !

73s Tim EI8IC
www.qsl.net/ei8ic/

Visit the online demo of the 'Global Overlay Mapper'
The most comprehensive free prefix maps on the web.
Buy the full package for offline use: Only 23$ US.