[TowerTalk] The tower base is poured BUT...

Jerry Keller k3bz at arrl.net
Sat Oct 4 14:11:55 EDT 2003

After much reading here on TowerTalk, my conclusions were that forms have to be removed after the pour and then the space has to be backfilled... with compression every foot or so. That would be more work and/or more expensive. Most advice was to pour into a hole dug in undisturbed soil, so that's what I did. I think my mistake was to use a backhoe operator with little experience digging tower base holes, and too large a bucket. Live and learn :-) 73,  Jerry K3BZ