[TowerTalk] 40M Seperation

Larry Emery k1uo at prexar.com
Mon Oct 6 12:52:39 EDT 2003

All,

I am rearranging antennas on a 100ft Rohn45 Tower .    A top antenna
is the Optibeam 7-2WARC antenna for 17/12 on a 16ft boom and just
about 18in above the top plate/thrust bearing is the Optibeam 16-3
Tribander on a 33ft boom.  These antennas are seperated by
approximately 11ft.  I also have a Force-12 EF140 40 meter rotating
dipole that can be mounted parallel to the booms and between these
antennas.   My question is, with 10ft+ between the yagi booms, where
on the mast between these antennas would be the better spacing?
closer to the 12/17 interlaced element yagi for least interaction?

Thanks for any input.
Larry - K1UO