[TowerTalk] Recommended FRS radios for tower work

William G. McDowell k4cia at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 6 14:04:06 EDT 2003

Check out FRS radios made by XACT and sold by Walmart.  These units are less than $9.00 each, have VOX, 22 Channels and are really well made.  They even have a wrist model thats about $20 and it has VOX too.  The wrist model uses a rechargable lithium battery and the transformer is included.  The other model uses 3 AAA rechargeable batteries but they are not included.  They are great for tower work and general communications between my XYL and myself around our house/garage/yard.

XACT has a website at: www.xactcommunications.com

Have no commercial interest with them, but they are really handy devices and reasonably priced.

73
Bill, K4CIA