[TowerTalk] FW: US Tower MARB550 Alternate Winch Questions

mike at hatzakis.net mike at hatzakis.net
Mon Oct 13 22:36:58 EDT 2003

I've looked into it.  It really does end up not a whole not cheaper.  You
can use a horizontal winch, but the mfr won't warrantee it used vertically.
Those are $400.  Verticle winches for that lb load are around $1100, when I
priced them without limits so you have to be careful.  I thougt hard about
it, I've had my MA-550/MARB-550/Foldover package plus a 20' mast up for 6
mos and have hand cranked it and it's really not a big deal.  Yesterday I
clocked the winds at the top of the tower at 40mph and the tower ws only
lowered 5-10ft and aside from some sway, it did great.  I'd say, leave it
alone, 55' crank isnt bad.

MH