[TowerTalk] Log periodic vs beam

Dinsterdog at aol.com Dinsterdog at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 13:28:21 EDT 2003

Tom,

I used the T6 for 5 years and a stack of T6's for two years.  I could have
put up anything on my Wyoming ranch but found the log periodic to have distinct
advantages for contesting over longer boom/trapped beams.

First, while they have a good front and back, it's not so sharp so I was able
to work mults going in either direction in SS contest while on longer hauls,
the F/B improved greatly for CQWW's etc.....

Mine survived tremendous ice/wind loads and were simple to repair as they
were light to bring down the tower.

Compared to my small tribander, the T6 won hands down in most cases.  Better
signal reports and better reception all around.  Plus, no traps means no wx
related/power related problems.

SWR bell curves might freak you out a bit but the antenna's are just that
way.  I got my T6 after a station in a nearby area always broke the pile ups
early with his T-10.  Thats what got me into the Tennadyne brand and I was a very
satisfied user.

The fluid motion antennas seem a newer and improved technology over log
periodics but for the money, I was very pleased-

73  Paul  N0AH