[TowerTalk] Speaking of Hy-Towers

Tim Kass timkass at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 19 00:15:43 EDT 2003

Ive got an old original Hytower with somewhat of a modified base from the
old Elmer SK that I got it from, WB8AMI, the tower is rated for 75MPH wind
survival, if memory serves, and I would expect that if you were to remove
the 26' spike, then a small beam would be alright, might want to consider
some light guys if you have the space, I couldnt, mine is on the corner of a
city lot...feeding mine now with 450ohm ladder line and elevated
radials...sort of...works great, better than the few buried radials I tried
before...just my 2 cents...73  Tim  K8WBL