[TowerTalk] Anchor bolt rust protection?

kr7x at comcast.net kr7x at comcast.net
Fri Oct 24 22:40:38 EDT 2003

Mike:

Unless you live in a very corrosive enviroment, say coastal closer to the equator I would not worry to much. At least you can see the exposed bolts during scheduled maintenance times. The bolts unless coated with paint or galvanizing will rust. It will take quite some time before the rust will cause any significant damage. It will quite obvious before that point visually.

If you are on the coasts, left,right and gulf, then I would be more vigilant. If on the great lakes I would be vigilant but not as much as salt water.

Accept the patina, unless it stains too much.

Regards

Hank Lonberg, P.E.,S.E. / KR7X
Lonberg Design Group, Ltd.