[TowerTalk] digging safety

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at comcast.net
Sun Sep 7 13:00:52 EDT 2003

Two comments are worth repeating, for benefit of anyone contemplating
hand-digging a foundation:

Think twice, or more, before you go into a deep hole.  Plan your escape
for when, not if, it collapses.

73 de WOØW

My bigger concern with an 8-foot deep hole isn't with how to dig it, but,
depending on the soil, how to keep it from collapsing in on me as I do.

For that reason, anything that allows you to dig the hole without being in
the hole is a good thing.

73, kelly
ve4xt

To which, I will add:

Reality is, you cannot dig a foundation hole as well as a backhoe can,
in the hands of a skilled operator.  Save your back, spend the 350 bucks,
and don't risk your life.

n2ea