[TowerTalk] Info for all

KB2HUK at aol.com KB2HUK at aol.com
Mon Sep 15 15:41:04 EDT 2003

Hello , I just picked up a little hint today I would like to pass along to
everyone.  Most of you experienced tower techs may already know this .   To help
disapate static and lessen the chance of a lighting hit try using stranded
welding cable ( it containes many strands ) connected to the legs of the tower
and then spread out the strands like a umbrella so any static on the tower leg
has a place to go .   Please correct me if I am wrong on this as I am not a
tech and I may have mis quoted the source.  I hope I got this right and can help
someone .   John