[TowerTalk] ROHN Work Platform

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Sep 18 11:30:08 EDT 2003

Better solution - professional work shoes with steel shanks - caution
very expensive - I believe Redwing sells these, will prevent pigeon foot
- and you are not tied down to working at one height/on one face of the
tower...

DO NOT ACCEPT the salesman's word that shoes are steel shank - if you
can bend the dole with your hands - they ain't... there are some designs
with a partial shank - you need one that runs along a long portion of
the sole.

Some of my friends do tower work in sneakers - personally I think they
are nutso for doing this - while the shoe itself is comfortable down on
the ground it has no resistance to bending when all your weight is on a
5/16 rod!

...I never shelled out for the real shoes but instead bought
construction workers high tops which have a hard sole - it does not bend
as much and your feet will know it after a stint in one place...

73,

Jim, K4OJ

*** GL to all the PVRC/Isabel target area towertalk guys