[TowerTalk] ROHN Work Platform

Paul Playford w8aef at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 18 17:22:34 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj at tampabay.rr.com>

> Some of my friends do tower work in sneakers - personally I think they
> are nutso for doing this - while the shoe itself is comfortable down on
> the ground it has no resistance to bending when all your weight is on a
> 5/16 rod!

I used to wear heavy boots while doing my tower work but one day wore my
sneakers because I just had a quick up and down job.

I found the sneakers were much more confortable than the boots so now I wear
them all the time for tower work.

I am nervous about their lack of a heel that the boots had but I just use
more care.

As usual, your smileage may vary.

de Paul, W8AEF