[TowerTalk] Fw: Steppir and UV

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Apr 2 18:05:05 EST 2004

At 05:47 PM 4/2/04, Bernard wrote:

>      Con: I suspect that others would also be interested in what UV
>  protective paint/ epoxy to use and where to buy it.  However, I have not
>  received any comment on the question.

This may be relevant -- Wal-Mart and K-Mart sell a Krylon product called
Fusion that is touted as adhering to ANYTHING -- including glass, PVC,
etc.  Other makers are also selling plastic-adherent paints now, so this
may be an option, though I'd be a little skeptical about the chemical
compatibility with whatever coating the SteppIR elements already have on them.

In my case, I just want to protect some cheap Rubbermaid Rough Totes that
contain my shunt feed and antenna switching boxes, and I think one of these
spray products will do fine for that.  As I understand it, the important
thing is simply to hold some opaque pigment between the plastic and the UV.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
will be back soon -- watch this space