[TowerTalk] Need heat treated bolts

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Sun Apr 4 18:29:22 EDT 2004

The 8x16 mm bolts holding my Yaesu G-1000DXA rotator to the mounting
plate in the tower have sheared off and I need to replace them.  Does
anyone know of a source of metric heat treated bolts that will sell in
small quantities?

As a side issue, how does one prevent this in the first place?  The
bolts were installed with Loctite and tightened with lockwashers in
place but eventually came loose anyway after about two years, thus
allowing the wind to rock the rotator back and forth, shearing off the
bolts.  The wind is never really strong here in the desert, but it is
darn near constant.

Thanks in advance,

--
Bill, W6WRT