[TowerTalk] W4AN Silent Key

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Sun Apr 4 22:17:13 EDT 2004

It is with the deepest regret imaginable that I must report the unexpected
death of my dear friend and fellow amateur W4AN. Bill unexpectedly passed
away this morning. Bill was a good friend of mine, and he was a great asset
to the community.

As you all probably know Bill's server supports the contesting reflectors
and other heavily used amateur radio related Internet services. For those
who helped Bill support that large financial burden, I can tell you he
appreciated it. I know operating the servers that support these reflectors
and web sites were a considerable drain of Bill's time and money, but he
felt it a worthwhile contribution to our community.

For personal radio-friends or close acquaintances of Bill's who wish to pay
respects: If you contact me with your reply phone number I'll let you know
what type of arrangements are being made and how you can express your
memories of Bill.

In the event the contesting server goes down and you have NOT heard back
from me in a few days, contact K3LR at K3LR.com .

Dana will contact me when arrangements are made, and I'll make sure the word
gets out as best possible to anyone wishing to send flowers. In case all
communications cease via the contesting.com servers, I'll try to get
something out to via landline and Tim K3LR at the above address. It is
important I have the phone numbers of anyone who will attend the memorial
service for Bill. It's common sense we bother Dana as little as possible
right now, so I promised here I would handle all the amateur radio friend
interfacing. Dana has friends with her right now, and it is best she doesn't
have to deal with any questions.

I am in communications with Dana, and will pass along whatever information I
have.

73 Tom