[TowerTalk] Remote antenna switch question

N9EN at VOYAGER.NET n9en at voyager.net
Tue Apr 6 06:52:03 EDT 2004

Hello T-T'ers,

I am thinking about building a "control box" to operate an
OLD Drake "RCS-4" remote coax antenna switch. The
switch is made to select from 5 antennas and from looking
at the schematic, all "unselected" antennas are grounded.

I was wondering what the logic is behind the grounding
of the antennas haven't been selected. Can someone
shed some light on this for me? I was thinking about
modifying the switch so that it does not ground any of
the other 4 antennas that have not been selected.

Thanks for any help on this!

73 de Brad, N9EN @ Radio Free Roscoe (IL) [tm]