[TowerTalk] Bill W4AN

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 19:18:22 EDT 2004

Hello All

My memory is not so good , however , i do remember a
QSO with Bill.... i had just gone through a divorce a
few years back and had not been very avtive for
several years... i finally got a little station up and
running a 1000MP and a little vertical .... i
contacted a few people here and there ... it just so
happened that Bill was one of those Qso's.... mind you
that even though Bill and I both belong to FOC we
rarely had ever had a QSO....

I distinctly remmeber this particular QSO... he asked
why it had been so long since i had been really
active.... i explained that i had just gone through a
divorce and things were just starting to get back in
shape.... i dont recall the exact words he said , but
, to this day i recall that he gave me great
encouragement to press on and look towards the
future!!! as i said before my memory isnt the greatest
, but , this is one of the QSO's that will stick with
me for the rest of my life... one thing i can say for
sure is that i sincerly wish i had gotten to know Bill
in person....

i know this isn't the most eloquent eulogy, but , i
can assure you that it is from my heart...

73 / 161 and God Bless

Dan N8DCJ