[TowerTalk] antenna impedence and ground impedence??

Dan Sawyer dansawyer at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 12 20:36:11 EDT 2004

Tom,

I am trying to increase the efficiency of a center loaded vertical by
creating a good ground system.

Based on models the antenna 'should' have a have a total impedance of
less then 10 Ohms. Yet it reads close to 50 Ohms. I assume the 40 plus
Ohms is related to ground resistance. Is this a reasonable starting
assumption??

Dan