[TowerTalk] (no subject)

John Barry EI8IR John_ei8ir at eircom.net
Wed Apr 14 18:39:17 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm in the process of planning a new tower. It will be 100ft high, and
guyed at 30ft, 60ft and 90ft. I intend having a pair of monobanders for 20m
/ 15m / 10m and it will be built as part of a multi-single station. I
already have a TH7 at 70ft.

My dilemma is how and what to rotate !
Do I rotate just the top set of antennas, leaving the lower ones in a fixed
direction. This will be useful for instant direction change or will allow a
multiplier station use the fixed antennas.

or do I rotate the whole tower. This will allow the beams to be phased, and
allow a choice of higher or lower antennas when the band is open, but will
not be of much use to a multiplier station.

I guess this is more question of the relative usefulness of either
configuration in a m/s contest as it is more-or-less the same hardware
deployed differently.

Also, the 20m antennas will be at 90ft and 60ft ... will this be a useful
pair when stacked? or are the antennas too close to notice any difference??

Many thanks

John ei8ir