Varying Antenna Height was: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 4 Element Yagi - Analysis and Thoughts

Bernard wtrone at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 19:24:35 EDT 2004

    Thanks to all who replied on this thread.  There were a lot of good
comments and I am going to print the answers for future reference.

    I did get my copy of QST today and that MonstIR antenna is some array!
It is, however, too much antenna for my tower system.

    I tried to call Fluid Motion a couple of times today, but all I could
raise was their voice mail system.  I didn't leave a message because I
wanted to talk to someone about the possibility of a 40-20 M driven element
(only) on the 3 element SteppIR array.  Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

    By the way, is Dayton this weekend?  If so, maybe they are gone for the
week.

        73

        Bernard, WA4OEJ