[TowerTalk] underground pvc

Tower (K8RI) tower at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Apr 16 03:38:16 EDT 2004

First: What format are you using? HTML? My mail program doesn't know what to
do with it so it leaves off the markings of the previous post?  My readers,
news and mail are set to display plain text only.  If some one sends me an
HTML e-mail it shows up as blank.

Out here in CT a lot of guys run a separate conduit for things like  rotor
control, telco line and (heavens!) an AC line.

As mine run out the back while both the telco and power vome in the front
that was no problem.

The hardline, RG, etc is usually kept separate.  So replacement of one line
doesnt necessarily disturb something else.

Ran mine right together.  The conduit is large enough I can pull in
additional, or pull out an old one.

here is a hint that most of us overlook (I learned once the HARD way):

make sure the conduit doesnt cross over things like the septic tank, sewer,
underground power... etc...

Mine didn't cross over, but there is a network of ground rods and #2 bare
copper over a large portion of the back yard.  When we put in a new spetic
tank they hooked one of the cables with a back hoe and actually pulled out a
section of the basement wall. Now that is expensive!

the building/health/whatever inspector will have a fit.

Here, they didn't care as long as it wasn't one of the regulated services
(power or telephone)

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com

"How you gonna replace the septic tank with that wire over it?"
duh, replace the whole thing!!

keep smiling...

seeya on the bands...

Mike KM1R