[TowerTalk] 30m beam

Roger Huntley snr.huntley at verizon.net
Fri Apr 16 14:56:33 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Huntley [mailto:snr.huntley at verizon.net]
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 11:01 AM
To: Mike Fatchett
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] 40m beam

Mike,
I have a Trylon 72 foot with a C31XR at the top and 8 feet above that a
402CD for 40.  On a 80 foot tree I have a 3 element SteppIR.  I find I use
the SteppIR much more than the C31XR.  Signal reports between the two are
fairly even however I like the 1:1 with the SteppIR regardless of what band
I am on.  Great antenna and as has been mentioned before, you will not find
better factory support.

Now, as a continuation of this thread, I want to put up a 30 Mtr monobander
on another tree at around 65 feet.  Any suggestions out there for the 30 Mtr
antenna?

Tnx,

Roger, W7VV