[TowerTalk] HF beam antenna decision

Bernard wtrone at comcast.net
Fri Apr 16 18:06:40 EDT 2004

    Bill:

        I went through the same sort of scenario several months ago.  I
reviewed the specifications and data from all the major manufacturers of
20-10 M beams.  Overall flexibility and performance were my major factors
with cost being secondary.  For me, there was a CLEAR choice and that was
the 3 element SteppIR.

        There is, however, one issue that may be a problem for you.  That is
delivery.  I ordered mine on March 1st.  When I checked their delivery
schedule, earlier this week, I was told it would be another couple of weeks.
It looks like they are selling everything that they can build.  If you can
wait, I definitely would suggest the SteppIR.

            73

            Bernard, WA4OEJ