[TowerTalk] Stacking Trylon Sections

Byron Tatum bjtatum at ev1.net
Sat Apr 17 11:25:48 EDT 2004

Hello-
    Believe it or not, I installed my Trylon T-500-72 alone.Cemented the legs / bottom section suspended over hole using 2" x 6" frame pieces bolted to legs, sitting on concrete cinder blocks.
    Then, I used a 20' piece of 1-1/2" water pipe lashed to the side of section with a 4:1 block and tackle arrangement to install the next 2 sections, then I re-rigged block for 2:1 for remainder of tower install, moving and relashing "gin pole" for each section. I tied the water pipe to tower section in 5 places each time, it was very sturdy and rigid.
    Oil field rigging experience was definately a plus here!
    CUL, Byron WA5THJ.