[TowerTalk] Convert a Ham IV to a T2X?

Rob Frohne frohro at wwc.edu
Sun Apr 18 14:44:31 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I noted on the following page that there seem to be few differences
between the Ham IV and the T2X rotors.
http://www.rotordoc.com/history.html
I am getting ready to put up a new antenna, and so have opened up my
Ham IV to find out what needed to be fixed.  There were several issues
(it was turning a 4 element quad for several  years).  One of the
issues is that one of the four bolts that holds the bell housing to the
brake housing has a bolt broken off in it.  I have two of these Ham
IV's that I was swapping out as necessary for maintenance.  My other
one has had the bell housing drilled and tapped for larger bolts once
and is in need of it again.  I think moving to a T2X looks like a
better idea than just replacing these parts, especially since it looks
like there may be only a few extra parts to make it a T2X.  (I already
have CATS super wedge.)  Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks,

Rob
--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.