[TowerTalk] Erections (Tower)

K8fu at aol.com K8fu at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 15:40:19 EDT 2004

I've been reading and learning the past few yrs from this great reflector and
my kudos to Steve for all his hard work and a great source of info. Now I am
in need of some info and expertise.
I'm hoping to erect a Hy-Gain 52SS 52' self supporting twr this Spring. The
twr utilizes a base mounting plate with 12 holes pre-drilled for bolts to be
set in concrete.
My questions are to the  length of the bolts to be set in the concrete to
provide adequate support, the necessary grade of steel for the bolts, any special
hints to ensure the maximum cohesion between the bolts and concrete. and the
grade of concrete needed. I am also curious as to whether fiber mesh concrete
adds significant strength to the mix.

Froggy   K8FU
Wister, OK
Charlies Whiskey......When You Care Enough To Send the Very