[TowerTalk] Cushcraft A4 - 40 Meter Add-On

Steve Meuse smeuse at mara.org
Wed Apr 21 11:22:10 EDT 2004

At 05:14 PM 4/20/2004 -0500, N4OX at webtv.net wrote:
>I'm putting together a used A4 with a 40 meter add-on kit for the
>Florida QSO Party this weekend. Cushcraft assembly instructions are not
>as clear as some others I have used. Does the 40 meter "X" hat mount
>under a hose clamp or am I missing the piece(s) that secure the "hat" to
>the element?
>
>73, Jay N4OX

That's a good question. According to this assembly document:

http://www.cushcraft.com/support/pdf/A743_451.pdf

There doesn't seem to be a hole for any type of bolt to attach it to the
element. Is there a hole on part 157 (Formed aluminum bracket)? It doesn't
show a hose clamp for that fitting either. I would say, improvise :)

-Steve
N1JFU