[TowerTalk] BPL article.... amazing....!!!

Tod Olson tod at k0to.us
Mon Apr 26 13:20:43 EDT 2004

>If no complaints come forth, then the test is deemed a success
>and interference is deemed to not exist nor be harmful.

This procedure is used by more than one 'institution'. It tends to assure
that the problem is both real and significant. (I am not supporting this
only commenting on it).

If you are making a BPL complaint do not do it by telephone or email. Use
registered mail with a RETURN RECEIPT so that you can prove the complaint
was delivered to the agency. The existence of a paper trail is going to be
critical when the interference cases end up in court (about the only way
there will be a meaningful 'cease and desist').

Hams who are in the vicinity of the proposed BPL installations need to be
alert and need to check for interference, preferably before and after the
BPL system is installed and operating. This is one of those times when
having a lab notebook is useful. It would not hurt to get a second party who
is relatively non-technical and does not have an obvious interest or
relationship to sign the notebook confirming the readings you record.

Tod, KØTO