[TowerTalk] BeCu/SteppIR

Jon, W4ZW w4zw at comcast.net
Mon Apr 26 16:09:39 EDT 2004

Once upon a time in the 80's,  Ping Golf made set of irons from BeCu which
they discontinued due to the "environmental and worker" hazard.  Those clubs
today are worth a fortune.  I have a set and although they are wonderful
clubs, the mystique of the rare BeCu has driven the used market value of
these clubs beyond reason.  Ping's application was a day in/day out
manufacturing exposure to BeCu which included some grinding and polishing.

I saw the BeCu in my SteppIR only briefly when I assembled it.  It is
certainly safe for the user in this application.

AND, this SteppIR is the most versatile  3 element yagi I've ever used.  The
enclosed elements sold me since I'm oceanfront here and the ocean does a
number on the aluminum yagi's.  I normally need to refurbish the aluminum
yagis, rotors,  and replace the coax and hardware once every 2-3 years.  The
SteppIR promises a much longer life.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW
Casey Key Island, FL

"A little bit of Paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"