[TowerTalk] BPL article.... amazing....!!!

wcmoore at verizon.net wcmoore at verizon.net
Mon Apr 26 17:53:56 EDT 2004

So if BPL is a Part 15 system then why cannot experimenters use
BPL type equipment for communications on the power lines
as long as the experimenter's gear complies with Part 15 requirements? Since they both will be Part 15 device users, can
either one claim a dominant position?

The flip side of this is since we are more and more often
restricted from erecting antennae due to deed restrictions, local ordinances and grousing neighbors, can we use the AC Power
system as a transmission line and antenna? 100 watts on the
AC line? Maybe 1500 watts? I know the XYL would be thrilled to see me take down the dipoles and simply plug into the wall socket.
It would be a more esthetically acceptable solution in the view of many.

Chuck WD4HXG