[TowerTalk] BPL: Presidential Backing

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 11:28:15 EDT 2004

In a message dated 4/28/04 10:54:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time, shr at swtexas.net
writes:
HF also includes
military communications, short-wave broadcasting, radio astronomy,
etc.   All potentially subject to being overrun with "trash" from BPL.

Has anyone tested how it interferes with AM and FM car radios? The recent run
of the mill car radios have very poor front end selectivity. When you drive
by some BC station or noise power lines, you here it all over the dial. What,
we don't need no more to listen to Rush?

Maybe time to sharpen our mobile antennas and kilowatts and test the immunity
of BPL to other licensed services?

Yuri, K3BU.us