[TowerTalk] Tapering from 2" to 1 1/4"

Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK) richard at karlquist.com
Thu Apr 29 11:24:32 EDT 2004

You can use PVC sch pipe and fittings to make
a 2 inch to 1 1/4 inch transition.  Slit the
ends and insert the aluminum tubing, then clamp
with hose clamps.  Tape up the joint with aluminum
tape to make it conductive.  For the 1 1/4 inch
side, you might want to use schedule 80 if you
can get it.

Since "1 1/2 inch" PVC is 1.9 on the outside, you
can alternately have the 2 inch aluminum go over
the outside of 1 1/2 inch PVC and then transition
to 1 1/4 as above.

There are various ways to do this if you think
about it and spend some time browsing the plumbing
section of your hardware store.

Rick N6RK