[TowerTalk] Alternate method, PL-259 on RG-8-type coax

Dino Darling k6rix at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 29 15:05:39 EDT 2004

My experience....

The braid would break when being screwed (don't we all!).
The braid also performs the duties of mechanically holding the coax.
Some engineer was paid BIG bucks to come up with the "standard" method.
If it isn't broke, don't fix it!

An N-Connector is superior to the PL-259/UHF.  There is very little room
for debate here but I'm sure some people would want to...just
because.  But, this isn't really an issue for this thread.  The PL-259 is
fine for most applications and you already pointed out about it being
installed correctly!

I've said it before...check out CableXperts!  They are really doing it
right with the right equipment!!!