[TowerTalk] Mystery Hy-Gain tribander

AA6DX aa6dx at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 29 16:42:41 EDT 2004

The Mosely yagis often are(?)/were capacitive fed ... their "Classic"
series.  No hard wired connection to the driven element. That created an
"unusual" situation, where the driven element is longer than the reflector!
Defeating a Classic system by connecting the coaxial cable directly to the
driven would be a no-no, as would any other means of feeding, without proper
engineering.   Note .. no all Mosely's are/were "Classic" .. I have had
several that were, including my 2ØM monobander, w/46' boom ... worky
worky...   and, at one time, a Classic 36   .. Mark----  AA6DX